Apply a contect filetering to a specific user account

Apply a contect filetering to a specific user account

Postby jum » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:27 am

I'd like to Apply a content filetering rule to a specific user account (or group even), as the filter rule for "SMTP recipient contains" doens't pick up emails copied into the account by other rules.
Is there a setting that will allow me to do this?
jum

Re: Apply a contect filetering to a specific user account

Postby rob » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:21 am

When the action 'Send a Copy To' is used, these newly spawned mails are not run through content filter due to the potential of creating never ending cycles of copies. The best method in which to work around this is to order the rules so that any important rules come before any copies are created. As to creating a filter for a specific user, then doing this with the copied mails isn't so easy and possibly not do-able. One idea could be to modify the mail, send the copy, then re-modify the mail with later rules. Of course some changes cannot be undone. I should note if its simply folder placement, then the user accounts own custom filters can deal with this. In a future update we do of course plan to add domain level content filtering and even user level content filtering, but this update is not due in the short term.
rob

Postby jum » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:22 am

Thanks Rob,

Basically what I want to do is add the bayesian score to the subject, but only on the copied version of the email. I don't want the actual recipient to see the scores

Any suggestions?

thanks.
jum

Postby rob » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:28 am

With headers its only possible to add or extend header lines, it is not possible to remove any text. This means you can't modify the subject, copy then undo changes. However, on possibility would be to do the following...

- A rule to add an x-headerline with the bayesian score.
- Send Copy
- A rule to replace the same x header line with blank text or "NA"

Of course it might just be simplier to bypass the last rule as the x-headerline is hidden inside the mail headers anyway.
rob

Return to General