Gray List Spam Filter Stopping Connections to SMTP port

Gray List Spam Filter Stopping Connections to SMTP port

Postby aluisi » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:53 am

I figured I would start a new post here just to let every one know because I am sure i am not the only one having this issue. I am using ability mail server version 2.61
My Ability Mail server was refusing connections to port 25. I checked everything when it came to port 25. My server my firewall everything was configured and allowing connections to that port. When I tried to connect on that port to the ability mail server it either timed out or refused connection to that port. I started to turn off my SPAM filtering since I narrowed down the problem to the Ability Mail Server. I turned on all the SPAM filtering EXECPT the Gray List, all my connection issues were resolved. The Gray Listing is stopping connections to port 25 to my ability mail server. I think this is a issue you all at code-crafters should start to look at. My mail server was fine and worked for a while when i had gray listing enabled but it eventually started to slow down to almost a dead stop then refuse connections to port 25.
aluisi

Re: Gray List Spam Filter Stopping Connections to SMTP port

Postby rob » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Good idea. If any body else is having this issue please post a message here, at present we have had no other reports of a problem like this.
rob

Return to General