Major issue since upgrade to version 2.61

Major issue since upgrade to version 2.61

Postby rex.withers » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:45 am

I’m having a major issue since upgrade to version 2.61 as follows:

When an internal user sends a message to someone out in the public internet it is sometimes marked as spam and then (as per my rules) its redirected to a specific internal account checkspam@mydomain.com. As far as I know no other configuration changes have been made and the “bypass spam filtering when allowing relay access” option is checked although messages should never be checked anyway should they????
rex.withers

Re: Major issue since upgrade to version 2.61

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:20 am

There have been no changes in the last update to this setting. Make sure that SMTP is enabled in the SMTP settings and that there aren't any relaying blocked IPs that are interfering with this. Make sure that relaying exemption for SPAM filtering is checked and also that the internal user has correctly logged into the outgoing SMTP server in the mail client (e.g. outlook). In outlook account settings this option is under the More Settings button then Outgoing Server tab. Check also that your content filter rules aren't blocking the mail for another reason other than the SPAM flag being set by SPAM filtering.

If you are still not sure why this is happening after all these checks please send me relevent SMTP logs and your mail server domain, remote admin port and remote admin username / password (general settings) to chris@code-crafters.com and I'll investigate this further.
Code Crafters

Postby rex.withers » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 am

Thanks Ill let you know
rex.withers

Postby rex.withers » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:35 am

Issue resolved:

Turn off antispam
Turn off all rules
Restart server
Turn on antispam
Turn on all rules

No more issues

Probibly just the restart fixed it (??)

Thanks
rex.withers

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:33 am

Only the reboot could have had some effect here really. Let me know if you get any further problems.
Code Crafters

Return to General