Account has reached the allocation Limit

Account has reached the allocation Limit

Postby david » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:37 am

Hi there,

I am getting this error for a specific user. I checked the group he belongs to and it is not set to control Max Account Size parameter. The current size has indeed reached the limit in General Settings. I tried to set the group parameter on a higher value than what's in General Settings and I still got that error.

Any idea?

Thanks!
David.

PS - is there any way to check this mailbox current size? I didn't find in AMS Admin anything related to it. The only way I found is to check this user's Inbox folder size in the file system...
david

Re: Account has reached the allocation Limit

Postby rob » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:47 am

The general setting is intended has a upper limit for all groups, and so the general setting allocation limit should be set higher than your groups require. This setting is mainly a legacy from version 1.xx and so in the future we intend to remove it. Checking the mailbox size is only really possible by what you have successful tried or simply logging into WebMail (which displays a size indicator on the first page).
rob

Postby david » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:24 am

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply!

1. I would suggest to add that info in the manual/help, unless it is already there and I missed it?
2. I think it would be of great help for an admin to be able to review a mailbox current size. Loggin in on the user's behalf is fairly tedious and not always you have access to the actual machine to check a folder size (that's tedious too, no??).

Thanks again!
David.
david

Postby rob » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:07 pm

The general setting is already mentioned in the manual, but of course I will make a note to see if this can be made any clearer. As to displaying user information, this is part of something we do plan to add in the future. Basically in version 3.xx (release date not yet known) we will be adding status information (charts / reports on usage, connections, CPU activity...etc), and user status information is intended to be part of this.
rob

Return to General