Time Stamp on recieved messages

Time Stamp on recieved messages

Postby talha » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:00 am

Hi all,

Before using ability every user was downloading emails from my domain directly. So when the staff went home in the evening the downloading stopped. And when they started downloading in the next morning their outlook client would show the original time of receiving emails like 10 PM in the night (although it was downloaded at 9 AM the next morning).

Now i am using ability and i also turn ability off in the evening and switch it on again the next morning. So ability downloads the email via pop retrieval in the morning. Now the problem is when the user downloads emails from ability in the morning the outlook client labels the last night's email as morning emails (which is the time ability downloaded the messages) how do i get ability to transfer the original received time rather than the time ability downloaded the message.?

Hope i clearly stated the problem.

Thanks
talha

Re: Time Stamp on recieved messages

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:44 am

There are 2 date/time stamps with an email. The first is the one in the header lines of the actual email; the other is the file last modified date. It's up to the mail client to ask for which it wants. However, I will forward your suggestion to see if we can add an extra option to set POP3 retrieval file modified date to the header line date on retrieval.
Code Crafters

Postby talha » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:14 pm

HI again!

is it possible for me to set this on client? I am using ms outlook 2007 and 2003. I couldnt find an option in initial scan.
talha

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:21 pm

I've just had a look and you can do this by right clicking on a mailbox view pane Customize Current View then Fields. By default you have a Received column which uses the file date as the received time stamp. However, you can also add a Sent column which will use the Date header to show when the email was actually originally sent.
Code Crafters

Postby talha » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:48 am

Hi again,

thnx
talha

Return to General