keyword filter question and log analyzer....

keyword filter question and log analyzer....

Postby KrisC » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:02 am

I was wondering if anyone had any good methods of keyword filtering in the body of the message? Last time i tried this it would pick up false positives from any attachments, because the word just happen to be in there?

Also does anyone have any good recommendations for an mail log analyzer that is compatible with AMS?

Thanks
Kris
KrisC

Re: keyword filter question and log analyzer....

Postby rob » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:59 pm

We haven't been informed of any compatable log analysis that work with AMS, but we do plan something similar in a future update (probably version 3 which will be due later this year hopefully). As to trying to detect certain keywords in the mail body alone, this can indeed be effected by any attachments as the content filter condition only sees 2 zones, the header and the body (regardless of any MIME structure). I have made a recommendation to the rest of the team for a new contnet filter which will only look at the body message text and html parts (ignoring any attachments basically).
rob

Postby m1byo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:44 pm

It would be nice to have a log viewer/display which would display what is being entered into the logs 'live' so you could see the progress/status of any SMTP connection without having to reload the text file.

this would be very good, if you could select which activity to look at!

Thanks

ian
m1byo

Postby rob » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:53 am

Thanks for the suggestion, we are looking at adding a session viewer, which will allow you to view the current state of a connection, and then review past connections (something similar to the FTP session viewer). We also do plan a log search utility which will allow you to display all the log entries for a partciular session id. Although this at the moment isn't really intended for live connections, I will make a suggestion that this be added.
rob

Return to General