Set up content control rule for deleteing specific emails

Set up content control rule for deleteing specific emails

Postby Adrian » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up a content control rule for deleteing specific emails, such as:
TO: {SENDER1}
SUBJECT: "Your order".

I'm having trouble with the sender and receipient. On any given message, they are both the same email address. But they change on every different message.
I believe that there are some variables that can be used there, does anyone know how to set this up?

Thanks a lot.
Adrian

Re: Set up content control rule for deleteing specific emails

Postby rob » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:12 am

From what you say it seems your trying to block certain SPAM emails that use the same email address in the from as the to lines? If so content filter will struggle with this as most of the rules require you to test a specific email address against the header lines. However, often these SPAM mails do use an fake/real email address from your domain and so you can enable the SPAM filter "Use Sender Domain Check" to help reduce such mails. Another option is to continue using your current method but examine the headers of the the mails. Rather than using the email adddress (which is changing per mail), you may be able to spot something else the headers thats consistent between all.
rob

Return to General