Webmail Hangs

Webmail Hangs

Postby DTower5 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:06 pm

For about the last month, our web mail service will hang 12-15 times a day, each time for about 5-7 minutes. It seems to happen more often during busier times, but our service indicator (monitors _index page) has shown it down in the middle of the night. So far, it is only the web mail as IMAP and SMTP are not seemingly affected. I have loaded up squirrel mail as an alternate web service and will see if connecting to IMAP with all of our users causes the same problem as with the internal web mail. I was wondering if anyone had ideas on what to try.

Machine Specs

Dual P4 3.00 Ghz / 1.5 GB RAM
300 GB SATA HD / 150 GB Free

AMS 2.63 - 270 accounts - 69 GB accounts folder.

All help is appreciated, thanks
DTower5

Re: Webmail Hangs

Postby rob » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 am

Thank you for reporting this issue. During the hang times the logs of AMS may have recorded something interesting and so I would recommend you examine all the various log types at the time of some of the hangs. I would also recommend checking possible external causes such as intense hard drive activity (antivirus scans, bayesian updating...etc), something hooking onto the WebMail port (firewall, router...etc).

We are currently working on the next patch and we did identify an inefficiency within the WebMail system that has been fixed. If you could email me at rob@code-crafters.com I will reply back with a pre-release patch that you can try.
rob

Return to General