Antivirus Application Settings

Antivirus Application Settings

Postby m1byo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Hello All,

I have just upgraded my anti-virus software to ESET NOD32 v4, which is all working well.

What are the key application settings for setting up the anti-virus scanner on the mail server? What folders should be excluded? What settings should be used for the email client protection?

Thanks very much

Ian
m1byo

Re: Antivirus Application Settings

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Our latest recommended settings (from the AMS manual or AMS preloaded settings) are:

Antivirus Scanner: Eset NOD32
Application: ecls.exe

Parameters: /base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus" /no-boots /arch /mail /sfx /rtp /adware /unsafe /unwanted /pattern /heur /adv-heur /action=none /no-quarantine "%s"

Return Value: 1:*

These were appropriate for the version we last tested. If you are using a newer version then the settings should be roughly the same but may need a bit of tweaking. If you find any new settings more appropriate let me know your settings and I'll note them down for re-checking in a future update.
Code Crafters

Postby m1byo » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:29 pm

The configuration settings for ESET from AMS are working well.

It was more the system configuration to ensure that the realtime AV scanner etc did not remove viruses from AMS directory at the wrong time etc.

thanks

Ian
m1byo

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Make sure you also don't have any background email scanning as this will often interfere with and can stop mail delivery.
Code Crafters

Return to General