Anyone running on Windows 2008 Server

Anyone running on Windows 2008 Server

Postby sterling » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:09 am

I am thinking of upgrading my Windows 2003 Server to Windows 2008 and looking at the product website for AMS it don't appear to be supported but I figured I'd check to see if anyone was already running on 2008 and if you had any issues with it.

Thanks in advance!
sterling

Re: Anyone running on Windows 2008 Server

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:33 am

AMS will work on Windows 2008 but does have one main limitation that is yet to be fixed. Windows 2008 doesn't show the system tray icon when running in NT service mode. This means that to use the normal dialog admin interface you have to start the application via the desktop or start menu shortcuts (or directly) and choose to end the service to reload in application mode.

Normally you can keep in service mode and open the admin interface from the tray icon. You can, however, still use web remote admin without stopping the service. We are planning to fix this issue but it will require seperating the admin interface from the NT service which is a very major update and is reserved to be fixed in AMS3. We don't have an official release date for AMS3 yet.
Code Crafters

Return to General