Greylisting

Greylisting

Postby Jack » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:23 am

I don't think I ever had this question answered before. I asked it in another thread. I searched and couldn't find anything definitive either.

Here it goes. Two questions.

1. What is the best way to bypass the greylisting?

2. Can this be done in some way by the user or domain admin of a particular domain?

I have a client that needs to be able to get certain emails immediately so I have to find a way to do this simply or I will have to turn off greylisting which I am doing for the time being.

Thanks in advance, Jack
Jack

Re: Greylisting

Postby rob » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:22 pm

You can avoid the grey listing feature by enabling the SPAM service level white list, and enter the users appropiate account in the sender option (basically white list there email address). This unfortunatly can only achieved by you (the main admin) because at the domain and user level there isn't away to avoid grey listing. Of course all SPAM filters can be avoided by simply setting hte SPAM flag and the user using WebMail to direct the flow of SPAM mails. However, grey listing is different from the other SPAM filters in that it takes advantage of delaying mails at the SMTP level (any other way would render grey listing useless).
rob

Return to General