redirect non existing users to exchange

redirect non existing users to exchange

Postby saguaro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:17 am

hello

i need to transfer from ability to exchange , exchange is on local network i would like to delete user on ability and then redirect non existing users to local exchange , is that possible , thank everyone in advance .

bojan
saguaro

Re: redirect non existing users to exchange

Postby rob » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:12 am

This is possible but it depends on your setup. If you want to redirect an entire domain to exchange, then simply adjust the domain settings so the domain acts like a backup domain. Then in the outgoing mail settings, you can create static route for that domain to route it to the exhange server. If you want to filter the users that accepted (backups by default allow any user, ie anyuserhere@domain) then you can provide a text file of users to the backup domain any only those users will be accepted by the AMS SMTP.

Unfortunatly if you only want some users to do this (host some users on AMS and some on exchange), then this is not directly supported. IF you leave the domain settings alone, and enter redirect settings within those particular users which are on exchange (but redirecting to a slightly different emailaddress, ie sameuser@almostyourdomain). Then by creating a static route for that domain to direct almostyourdomain to exhange, you will have to modify exchange in order to convert almostyourdomain to your actual domain and ensure delivery to the correct users.
rob

Re: redirect non existing users to exchange

Postby saguaro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:31 pm

hy

i have managed to do it .

i have created static route on AMS for domain "@company.local" to relay through Exchange , and then create filter for all mail that arrives to "myname@company.com" to redirect it "samename@company.local"

Thank for your quick reply
Bojan
saguaro

Return to General