We are currently having Port 25 blocked by our ISP
It says "SMTP blocked to prevent further UCEPROTECT-level3 listing"
ISP says we have to authenticate mail server
Please advise on how I do this please?

David
brschool

Re: Authenticate Mail Server

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:06 am

You can do this by turning on SMTP Authentication in the SMTP settings of Ability Mail Server. If you are relaying via your ISP in Outgoing Mails either use independent mode instead or you may have to enter a username / password to have relaying access via your ISP. If you email me your mail server domain to chris@code-crafters.com once you've done this I'll test to make sure it's secure against unauthorised relaying. After that you can ask your ISP to unblock you if possible. If they won't unblock port 25 for incoming mail to your server then you will need a redirection service from a provider like www.no-ip.com to collect your mail on port 25 then forward it to a different port on your mail server.
Code Crafters

Re: Authenticate Mail Server

Postby m1byo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 am

If you are still having issues with outgoing emails then you could send your wmails through another outgoing mail relay that allow you to send emails on other ports.

I use www.dnsexit.com which allows you to send outgoing emails to them on port 25, 26, 940, 8001, 2525 and 80 which should bypass most if not all of the ISP filters in place.

They also support the other common features provided by no-ip.com such as incoming email port redirection to a non-standard port, a backup mail server and dynamic DNS!
m1byo

Return to General