AMS Remote Admin - Viewing logs

AMS Remote Admin - Viewing logs

Postby sjoram » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:48 pm

All,
Just a note to mention that I find that with several years worth of logs in my log folder, it was very slow to load in IE and Firefox and I had to cancel the page load halfway through to be able to view list and open logs. I tried Google Chrome on a Mac last night, as Safari doesn't seem to like cancelling during page load, it was SUPER fast. Tried on a Win Vista machine today, and same result. So anyone experiencing issues with load times of logs on Remote Admin...try Chrome!
sjoram

Re: AMS Remote Admin - Viewing logs

Postby rob » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 pm

I should note that with large volumnes of logs, you can enable the auto delete feature of Ability Mail Server. Available on the logging settings, this can be set to delete log files older than a certain age.
rob

Postby sjoram » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:12 am

Thanks Rob - I personally took the decision to retain all logs, but that's a matter of personal choice.
Just a thought - maybe an option to "archive" out of the live directory into another?
I know this could be done manually, but might be something useful to automate.......
sjoram

Postby rob » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Archiving logs is something we have of coursed considered before but I will make a recommendation that this be added in the future. However, currently this can be quickly achieved manually.
rob

Return to General