SSL 2048-Bit Encryption

SSL 2048-Bit Encryption

Postby DavidL » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:52 pm

I am in the process of adding a SSL certificate to my AMS 2.70 server but when I am trying to purchase the Certificate from GoDaddy.com they want the CRT file to be in 2048-bit and in the software you only go up to 1024-bit. Is there a way around this? Do you have plains to go to 2048-bit? Because in November or December I guess the Internet is going to this standard. Is what I am being told from GoDaddy.com tech support anyway.
DavidL

Re: SSL 2048-Bit Encryption

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:44 am

We've already upgraded to 2048 bit SSL certificates in Ability FTP Server 2. We are also planning to add this to Ability Mail Server, probably in the next update which should hopefully be in the next month or two. Ability FTP Server should also expect an update around the same time.

For now, you can install and use Ability FTP Server to generate your certificates or if you don't want to do this use Ability Mail Server to note down all the fields and send me your fields to chris@code-crafters.com and I'll use Ability FTP Server to generate you a certificate, key and signing request.
Code Crafters

Re: SSL 2048-Bit Encryption

Postby DavidL » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Chris,
Thanks I forgot about using my Ability FTP Server 2 which I own a copy.

BR,
Dave
DavidL

Return to General