Content Filtering Logging/Bayesian Score

Content Filtering Logging/Bayesian Score

Postby sjoram » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi guys,
Apologies I think this has been covered before - tried to search for it but apparently my search string was too common.
In Content Filtering logs, all I can see with Normal Logging enabled is Message accepted for filtering (or whatever the exact phrase is)
Is there any way to trigger logging of any action taken on any matches?
And also, think I've asked this before, but I think Bayesian score used to recorded in message headers - is there an easy way to enable this - think it was by adding content filtering rule but can't remember the syntax....
sjoram

Re: Content Filtering Logging/Bayesian Score

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:39 am

There are no real content / antivirus filtering logs. SPAM filtering is shown in the SMTP log.

However, content filtering can use the action Add Text To File to append to a custom log of your own. Unfortunately, you'd have to do one of these for every rule if you want to log all rules that trigger.

For Bayesian score, this has only ever been addable via content filtering using a rule similar to below:

Condition:
All Emails

Action:
Edit Header Field "X-Bayes-Score" (custom header field) to "####BAYESIANSCORE####"

Please see http://www.code-crafters.com/abilitymai ... dtags.html for more information on using field tags like this.
Code Crafters

Postby sjoram » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 am

Chris,
Any ideas on this?
I know my domain has a working SPF record, and Bayesian scanning is enabled, however I've added the header tags and am getting this:
X-Bayes-Score: Unknown
X-SPF-Result: NONE
sjoram

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:58 am

These are the results when the filters haven't run. This is usually either due to the sender being in your SPAM white lists or having relaying access via SMTP authentication and skipping SPAM filtering based on this if the first tick box in SPAM filter settings to bypass when having relaying access is enabled.
Code Crafters

Postby sjoram » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Chris,
I'm on v2.63 (unable to update at present)
I'm getting this on ALL emails
Nothing at all is whitelisted....
It's odd that SPF is giving NONE as well? Not so much for inbound emails but outbound ones from me should pass as my domain has an SPF record....

As an aside, I don't seem to be getting email notifications from the forum?
sjoram

Postby Code Crafters » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:11 am

If you send me your mail server host, remote admin port and remote admin username / password to chris@code-crafters.com along with details of what email addresses you are sending from and to, I'll have a look what could be happening to cause SPAM filtering to be skipped for this users.

Email notifications may have been disabled in the forum settings for security reasons but I'm not 100% sure on that one.
Code Crafters

Postby sjoram » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:47 am

Hi Chris,
Sent to you via email.
(Note to self: Reset RA password in C:\AMSAdmin.txt)
sjoram

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:04 am

The link you sent me didn't work for me unfortunately. Alternatively, if you just zip up and send me your smtp.ini and contentfiltering.ini and then give me details of what address you were sending from and to, that should be enough information for me to look for any obvious reasons SPAM filtering was bypassed or not logged correctly in content filtering.
Code Crafters

Return to General