Migrating to new server

Migrating to new server

Postby wxPhil » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:47 am

HI,

we will be migrating to a new server in the next few weeks, and obviously want to take AMS across with us. It would be nice not to lose all the emails users (we only have max 25) hold online in the process, if possible, so I would like to check a few things with you first...

1) The new server will be running Windows Server 2008 (current is 2003) - I presunme that won't be an issue?

2) I will need to install AMS on the new server before the current one goes offline - I hope that won't be a problem re the licence.

3) Now then, the mailboxes: after installing the software on the new machine, can I simply copy across all the mail folders? And will I ned to set up all the users first, or will AMS pick up the necessary details by reading the mail folders? I would be grateful if you can provide a "do this is this order" kind of list....

thanks!
Phil
wxPhil

Re: Migrating to new server

Postby HVGS » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:50 pm

No need to install on new server at all.

Just copy the whole code-crafters folder (and sub folders) from program files over to the new computer. (and create a desktop shortcut etc if needed)

This takes the license across as well.

It's that easy.

Only problem I had moving from 2003 to 2008R2 was the ODBC stuff as described in my other post.
If you are just using the standard ini files you won't have any problem at all.

Regards,
Phil
HVGS

Re: Migrating to new server

Postby wxPhil » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:45 am

Excellent - thanks!
wxPhil

Return to General