Save WebMail Drafts in Directory

Save WebMail Drafts in Directory

Postby cearnshaw » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 am

I see the "Save WebMail Drafts in Directory" option in the account set-up, but I don't see how to go about saving incomplete messages. I created a "drafts" folder and ticked this box in the account set-up to save drafts to it. I assumed there would be some sort of "save draft" button presented, but I don't see it anywhere in the web mail GUI.

Cam
cearnshaw

Re: Save WebMail Drafts in Directory

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:37 am

When composing a mail, there is a Save button to save drafts in the bottom right next to the Send button. Make sure you're using the enhanced webmail template from version 2.50 though. You can always delete your webmail.ini file to reset to default webmail settings including using the enhanced templates. This is often the easiest way to change your settings to the new enhanced template.
Code Crafters

Postby cearnshaw » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi Chris,

Just getting back to this. I guess that must be our problem. I just want to clarify... I believe you are saying that if I delete the webmail.ini file, the enhanced template will automatically be loaded. I'm assuming I will need to restart AMS after deleting for this to occur? Will my customers lose any webmail settings that may have put in place previously, i.e. address book or any "advanced option" parameters?

Thanks,

Cam
cearnshaw

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 am

Yes that's right that the new templates will be automatically loaded. WebMail Service settings will be lost so if you've added any domain specific templates (I assume not) then check your settings first before resetting them. All user WebMail options are stored in the user settings and will be kept fine.

You might also want to look at upgrading to Ability Mail Server 2011 (v3) while we have a 20% existing customer upgrade discount, valid until the 31st August 2011. Email us via info@code-crafters.com with your existing order number, email address used or license key and we'll send you information on how to get your 20% discount on AMS 2011.
Code Crafters

Return to General