Upgrade gotcha

Upgrade gotcha

Postby wxPhil » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 am

When purchasing watch out for the lousy underhand unethical and downright shitty practice of having the "Extended download servioce" automatically added to your cart.

Sorry for the rant - I really like AMS, but really.... :evil:
wxPhil

Re: Upgrade gotcha

Postby rob » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 am

Sorry to hear the extended download service was unintentionally purchased. This is automatically applied by our payment processor during the check out process and unfortunately their policy does not permit vendors to disable this action (we have contacted them several times to request its removal). However, fortunately most users who do not want this service simply click on the remove link before purchasing to avoid the small additional cost.
rob

Re: Upgrade gotcha

Postby wxPhil » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:00 am

Yes, I am sure it's them and not you - and if it hadn't been so late at night after a long day I would been more aware... but it's very naughty of them, especially as it's presented in a kind of double-negative bluff kind of way. The service is shown with an unticked box next to it, so it's easy to assume it's not selected.... when in fact you have to tick it to remove it. Ah well, never mind.
wxPhil

Return to General