Mail for some users going directly to Deleted Box

Mail for some users going directly to Deleted Box

Postby centralusa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:14 am

OK,
I am sorry for the inconvenience but I am stumped. My client has made a change somewhere I can't for the life of me find and now a huge swath of emails for a subset of users is going directly to their "Deleted" box. This is with Spam Filtering completely turned off and all content filters disabled. I am desperately trying to get this resolved for them before Monday - any pointers as to what others settings woudl cause this would be greatly appreciated!
centralusa

Re: Mail for some users going directly to Deleted Box

Postby Code Crafters » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:04 pm

There are user filters which are capable of moving mails to other folders too. You can check these from the user settings in the admin user interface or from WebMail. If SPAM and content filtering are both disabled this is the only other option that could cause this.
Code Crafters

Postby centralusa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:47 pm

I know, I was thinking the same thing but already checked the user filters. I studied every setting possible and found 1 common thread in the users who were having a bunch of mail auto end up in the deleted box and that was the settings ("Save Deleted Items in Directory: & Auto-Delete Mails After (days) both checked"). I have disabled both those settings on these 4 accounts since yesterday and the problem has gone away, this is extremely weird right?
centralusa

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:10 am

That is very wierd. The 'Save Send Deleted Items in Directory' option should only trigger moving mails to the deleted folder via the WebMail delete button and the 'Auto-Delete Mails After (days)' option should just clear out the Deleted folder for mails older than the specified number of days. I've made a note for this to be tested further for the next update. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'm glad you've found a temporary fix for now.
Code Crafters

Return to General