Block Emails from certain Top Level Domains

Block Emails from certain Top Level Domains

Postby malcolmhum » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:46 am

I want to block emails that have not come from any of the following domains. au;ie;us;info;me.uk;co.uk;org;org.uk;gov;net;sch.uk;ac.uk;ltd.uk;uk.net;gb;eu;ca;de;gg;gi;hk;im;it;je;jp;ke;kr;mt;nl;nz;se;

I have tried in the content filter setting a block for SMTP Sender does not contain, but this is blocking everything. Can you suggest which one of the conditions I need to use.

Thanks

Malcolm
malcolmhum

Re: Block Emails from certain Top Level Domains

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:41 am

You would need to do the following logic to achieve that:

Condition:
NOT SMTP Sender CONTAINS With ".au;.ie;.us;.info;.me.uk;.co.uk;.org;.org.uk;.gov;.net;.sch.uk;.ac.uk;.ltd.uk;.uk.net;.gb;.eu;.ca;.de;.gg;.gi;.hk;.im;.it;.je;.jp;.ke;.kr;.mt;.nl;.nz;.se" (String List and NOT Case Sensitive)

Action:
Delete Email (or other actions)

You have to use "contains" rather than "ends with" as the SMTP Sender could be something like

"Bob Jones" <bob@domain.com>

Note I also added a . before each one to be more specific as something like au might appear in the middle of an email address not as part of the domain ending.
Code Crafters

Postby talha » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:50 am

what if ".au" is a part of the email address but not at top level for e.g. steve.austin@email.com. my question is whether this searches in the parts of strings or just matches the complete string only?
talha

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:27 am

You have to be clever enough to think of all the scenarios. For example, you could do 2 conditions:

NOT SMTP Sender ENDS WITH ".au;.ie;.us;.info;.me.uk;.co.uk;.org;.org.uk;.gov;.net;.sch.uk;.ac.uk;.ltd.uk;.uk.net;.gb;.eu;.ca;.de;.gg;.gi;.hk;.im;.it;.je;.jp;.ke;.kr;.mt;.nl;.nz;.se" (String List and NOT Case Sensitive)
AND NOT SMTP Sender CONTAINS ".au>;.ie>...;.se>" (String List and NOT Case Sensitive)
Code Crafters

Return to General