IMAP connection locks up

IMAP connection locks up

Postby hecklertm » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:58 pm

IMAP connection locks up on clients from time to time and those clients (from the IP that was locked) can no longer retrieve IMAP information from server until the Ability mail server process is killed and restarted. This happens intermittently to different users of different client types and at different frequencies. Usually happens within a few hours from the last mail service restart.

This problem began a few month ago starting in my 2.72 version. I downgraded to 2.70 but the problem still exists. I cannot figure out why this started happening. Any ideas? I am concerned that if I move to v3 this problem would still exist.
hecklertm

Re: IMAP connection locks up

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:27 am

You should make sure that you don't have an antivirus running that is scanning SMTP, IMAP4 and POP3 as these can cause exactly these kinds of issues. Also check your IMAP4 logs for any errors in the logs at the time of the lock up. Also check the server logs for any general server errors at that time too. If you find any errors you can send these to me via chris@code-crafters.com (for privacy) and I'll see if these give any valuable clues as to the cause of the problem.
Code Crafters

Return to General