Emails disappear when having attachments

Emails disappear when having attachments

Postby hecklertm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:43 am

Interesting case.

I have a server which has been up for several years. Just recently, my own email account stopped being able to send emails with attachments.

This is what happens. From either my computer at home or at work, I send a message to myself through my AMS and the message disappears after the mail transaction is closed.

I can change the mail settings on my computer to my wife's IMAP/SMTP account and then send the same message and the message arrives with no problem.

Using my own account IMAP/SMTP settings, the sent message appears in my sent box as if sent, and the server logs say the transaction completed, but the mail disappears and never makes it to the recipient.

The only different is whether it is beng sent using my account setting sor my wifes account settings (both accounts are on my AMS server).

Any ideas? Should I delete my account on the server and recreate it?
hecklertm

Re: Emails disappear when having attachments

Postby hecklertm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:39 pm

I also tested disabling antivirus on the server and the message still did not reach the recipient.
hecklertm

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 am

Check if any SPAM, content or user filters are deleting the mail based on the attachments or your sender email address. If it was antivirus it shouldn't change based on the account sent from.
Code Crafters

Postby hecklertm » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks for the tip. I should have checked the content filters first. I had suspected that possibility considering how many complex filters I have running, but I had not changed any of those filters in quite a while adn don't see wh at first inspection. It was one of the filters, and I disabled it until I can figure out what comparison is the culprit. The filter is very old from earlier versions of AMS. Maybe the later versions are not processing it the same. Thanks.
hecklertm

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:33 am

If you send your contentfiltering.ini file to chris@code-crafters.com I'll have a look for any obvious problems with attachment related content filter rules you have.
Code Crafters

Return to General