My marketing tip - care to share yours?

My marketing tip - care to share yours?

Postby waterman34 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:33 am

Thought this might be handy for those of you interested in marketing ideas? or not :shock:

Anyway here's mine but hey, you might have already thought about it :D

Most of my customers use my email services for business use, so a perfect way for me to reach a targeted market for my services AND where you will get a glowing testimonial from your existing customer, is using their outgoing signatures. Obviously not everyone is going to want a 3rd party sig at the bottom of their business emails, but for incentives, many would! So by offering a small discount off their renewal, or offering additional accounts or space etc (whatever they will go for!), most will come around to the idea of having a useful, targeted message at the bottom of their outgoing emails.

So what I've done using the very useful AMS Content Filtering is add the agreeing customer's individual email address or domain name as a condition, and Add Signature as an action with a witty, catching message and whoila! That customer is now marketing your business to every other contact or business they deal with on a daily basis. You don't get better marketing than that!

If you got any useful tips, feel free to post them!
waterman34

Re: My marketing tip - care to share yours?

Postby m1byo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:48 am

A very similar use for this feature, is to add a disclaimer at the end of every mailing list used which gives instructions about how to unsubscribe from the mailing list if required, recommend AV scanners, reference a website etc

I have actually also included the mailing list name in square brackets at the beginning of the subject also (e.g. [List] )

... Actually, this is a very easy way of adding the commercial disclaimer to all emails without the user having an option!!!!
m1byo

Return to General