Mailing List

Mailing List

Postby malcolmhum » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi

The email addresses in the mailing list, is there anyway of adding the email address into the body of the email.
i.e. to say 'This email was sent to john@smith.com'

As we get people trying to unsubscribe but the email box is forwarded onto someone else and when they reply to the email to unsubscribe it does not find the email address from the sender.

Malcolm
malcolmhum

Re: Mailing List

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 pm

There's an option with the mailing list to allow auto-add and auto-remove from the mailing list. By default the user can reply to the mailing list email address with "REMOVE ME" in the subject to be auto-removed from the mailing list. There are admin notifications of email addresses added / removed from the mailing list too. You can put a mail-to link in the bottom of your email allowing them to unsubscribe and set the subject within this link automatically.
Code Crafters

Postby malcolmhum » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:17 am

Hi Chris I am aware of this feature however my point was, often I send an email out to 123@domain.com, but their email system routes it through to 456@domain.com. So if the reply is from 456@domain.com which is not known in the mailing list and therefore 123@domain.com does not get unsubscribed.

Can i embed in to the email body 'This Email was sent to "123@domain.com" ' If so what is the field name that I need to use, so that the sent to email address can be embeded into the body of the email.
malcolmhum

Postby Code Crafters » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Because this is a mailing list email you can't put each recipient's email address in the email as far as I know. You can check http://www.code-crafters.com/abilitymai ... dtags.html for available field tags to use in emails but I don't think any will work as you want. As for the reply address, this should generally always be the same as the recipient it was sent to but if they've set a different reply-to for some reason then this is for them to make sure it's from the right email address for auto-unsubscribe.
Code Crafters

Postby malcolmhum » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks Chris. If it is possible to make this a feature request for a future edition. It is helpful for the person who receives the email to know what email address it was sent to.

It is also quite a common feature in other mailing systems, you often see a statement ' This email was sent to *****'

Thanks Malcolm
malcolmhum

Postby Code Crafters » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:53 pm

I'll forward your request.
Code Crafters

Return to General