Spam Whitelisting

Spam Whitelisting

Postby m1byo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Hello,

Is there any way of allowing AMS to look at an additional location / file to get a list of all whitelist email addresses.

I am in the process of recomending a spam filtering solution for a company and if we could allow an account manager to include the customer's email address to the whitelist at the inital stages of the project then it would improve things dramatically.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks very much

Ian
m1byo

Re: Spam Whitelisting

Postby m1byo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:54 pm

A solution I have just thought of but I cant see how to do it, is using content filtering to add an email address from the subject of an email into the spam white-list

am I missing somehting and this is possible, or is this another feature for later on?

Thanks

Ian
m1byo

Re: Spam Whitelisting

Postby rob » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:40 am

Presently I don't think there is a quick way to achieve this, the only way would be modify the SMTP file to control and edit the white list addresses. However, if you are able to write a small script or program, you could do this with content filtering. Basically you could use the Application Result condition and run a command line program that scanned text file, searching for the from address, which would be provided in the paramaters by AMS. But as to your second post, you can already use content filtering to append to files (such as add additional email addresses to the text file), the only real bit to break would be to create the command line to scan the file.
rob

Return to General