Returning email to sender for non-existent users

Returning email to sender for non-existent users

Postby jimmym » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi,

I have a few users which have resigned the company and I wish to have mail sent to them to be returned to the sender. Is there a method to achieve this. I have looked through the General Forum but didn't find anything.

regards

jimmy
jimmym

Re: Returning email to sender for non-existent users

Postby mrooks1984 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:06 pm

hi, all you should need to do is delete the users and when someone sends them a email a generic
email should be sent back.

You could also setup a auto responder with the message you want, you would need to login from time to time to each account and remove any emails sent to it.

If you want to use a autoresponder but make it a little easier to look after you could do a custom one by, removing all the users in question, setup a new user like noreply, add the users to the noreply user as aliases
and setting up a auto responder with the message you want. But you would need to login from time to time and remove any emails sent to it.

there might be other ways but cant think of any more at the moment.
Michael Rooks,
Computer Technician and Website Designer.
http://www.cyberglide.co.uk
mrooks1984

Re: Returning email to sender for non-existent users

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:30 am

You might also want to remove the users and add a content filter rule (if you have the licence for this feature) to send a reply email to sender and then delete the email for any of these users.
Code Crafters

Return to General