Mailing List function

Mailing List function

Postby malcolmhum » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:01 am

Could I request a new feature to be added to the mailing list function.
Could I have a command to embed in to the body of the email, which will insert the actual email address the email has been sent to.

This will help with unsubscribing from mailing lists.

Thanks

Malcolm
malcolmhum

Re: Mailing List function

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Content filtering can be used to add a signature to a particular mailing list recipient. It supports text and html versions. Field tag for the smtp recipient should also be available. See http://www.codecrafters.com/AbilityMail ... lFieldTags for details.
Code Crafters

Postby malcolmhum » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi
The field tags you mention, I cannot seem to get to work. The below is the process I am going through
1) I create the email that I want to bulk send, in outlook.
2) I email the mailing list with the email and it distributes it.
3) I get the email in my inbox but the tag is shown just as the tag info not the recipients email address.

What I am after, is when the mailing list gets sent to it, everyone of the recipients, has a line in the email body their own email that says "this email was sent to ####TOEMAILADDRESS####" (the tag is made up for example)

Is this possible and could you advise the tag to use.

Thanks
Malcolm
malcolmhum

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:58 am

The tags are to be used within content filter actions and cannot be added via outlook. Normally you'd add a content filter rule with a condition of the "SMTP Recipient CONTSAINS <mailing list email address" and an action of "Add Signature" using tags to add a signature to the bottom of the email. However, because content filtering is done before the mailing list recipient is split into multiple emails for the full recipient list, the end point recipients aren't yet populated so you cannot use a TO based tag in your mailing list signature.
Code Crafters

Return to General