White List Not Working

White List Not Working

Postby Robby » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:04 am

I have added addresses to my white list but many emails from those smtp senders I added to the white list are still being classified as spam and moved to the spam folder. All the documentation I can find says if an address is in the white list, it ignores any other anti-spam measures, but that is not what I am experiencing. I need help, please!
Robby

Re: White List Not Working

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:06 am

I've responded to your email of the same but will repeat this here for others' benefit.

Can you send your smtp.ini and contentfiltering.ini files along with details of the SMTP sender to info@codecrafters.com so we can check this is set up correctly? You can also check the SMTP logs for SPAM logging clues.

Users do have their own individual User Filtering rules for simple content filtering such as “From (SMTP Sender), Move to Deleted folder”. However, SPAM filtering then content / antivirus filtering are applied before the email is even routed to a particular user. Also, emails can be for several users / external email addresses. So it’s not that simple to do SPAM filtering based on user settings as this may not yet be known. You can however, set flags using SPAM filtering and then allow content filtering and user filtering to act on these flags later if this helps.
Code Crafters

Return to General