Barracuda Email Security

Barracuda Email Security

Postby skeating » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello

I am hosting several domains on an Ability ver 2.53 mail server. I am researching to see if I can use the Barracuda Email Security Service as a spam control for the mail server. Are there any know issues between the Ability mail server and Barracuda? Do you know if I only need one Email Security Service which will cover all the domains, or will there need to be a separate one for each? Also, I know that I must point the mail server to the Barracuda service. Where in the Administrator web portal do I configure the connectors?

Thanks
Stephen Keating
skeating

Re: Barracuda Email Security

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Other customers have used Barracuda as a front end SPAM filter to Ability Mail Sever without any problems. You have to configure the MX records to point to Barracuda and configure Barracuda to receive and forward the appropriate domains to Ability Mail Server although we can't advise specifically about Barracuda setup further because we haven't used it ourselves. You may want to also add the Barracuda IP to certain IP allow lists but we would still advise passing these through Ability Mail Server SPAM filtering as well as Barracuda.
Code Crafters

Return to General