Yahoo Mail SSL issue

Yahoo Mail SSL issue

Postby Ikon » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Since mid-January, 2017, I've been unable to retrieve POP3 mail from my Yahoo Mail account. The AMS log says it's because "SSL failed to start". I did some digging and found out Yahoo updated their security server and issued a new SSL certificate. According to the person I talked to, there have been problems, but most email clients are working because the Yahoo server was able to identify the email client and send out an updated certificate.

Does anyone know how I might be able to get the AMS (Server or Webmail client) to download the new certificate? So far, I have not found any place where I can download it manually.
Ikon

Re: Yahoo Mail SSL issue

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:13 pm

If you're using POP3 retrievals you should try changing the SSL mode to see if this works. If you don't tick "Only Allow Secure Connections" then POP3 retrievals will also try downloading without SSL/TLS if that fails.
Code Crafters

Postby Ikon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:45 pm

A little out of date at this point because I forgot to update at the time.

I did, of course, try every form of SSL with POP3 Retrievals: none of them worked. Not using SSL or TLS at all is not an option because Yahoo no longer supports that mode — you have to get the new certificate, which I never was able to find. In the end, I deleted the Yahoo account altogether: it was simply unusable.
Ikon

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:21 pm

We'll treat this as no longer an issue but obviously you didn't manage to get this working either.
Code Crafters

Return to General