Delivery Receipt

Delivery Receipt

Postby elwood » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:12 pm

In Outlook 2000 and 2003 there is a setting called "Request a delivery receipt for this message". When this is checked the email server is supposed to send an automatic reply back to me acknowledging that the email has been sent and accepted by the recipient email server.

This function works with our current and various other email servers. When we use the Ability Email Server we no longer get a reply back stating the email has made it to its destination.

Is there a setting that I missing and just need to turn on?

Thanks for you help. This is a very good email server product!
elwood

Re: Delivery Receipt

Postby rob » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:57 am

The reciepts returned from the receiver of your mail will appear as normal mail to AMS and so if you can receive normal mail off the Internet, then this should work. I should note that a few possibities that may prevent this are:

- Simply the recipient of your mail has chosen not to send delivery reciepts (in our office most of us have this feature disabled on our mail clients).
- The returned delivery receipts are being processed as SPAM (possibly by the bayesian filter).

I would recommend examining the mail server settings and seeing if there are any receipts being returned to you.
rob

Return to General