A question about AMS and IMAP

A question about AMS and IMAP

Postby waterman34 » Thu May 15, 2008 6:52 am

A couple of customers (heavy users) want to change over from POP3 to IMAP on our system so they can sync between multiple locations, all this is well and fine with me but I'd like to know where we would stand in terms of storing all their emails, attachments and any files on the server.

Is there any particular event with AMS such as re-starting the application or upgrading AMS to newer version for example where it could potentially lose all these stored emails etc?

Basically if we're going to be storing thousands of emails etc, I want to be confident that it's all safe and there is no known issue with AMS suddenly losing them all?
waterman34

Re: A question about AMS and IMAP

Postby rob » Thu May 15, 2008 10:58 am

This is a standard part of AMS and something which we have taken great care to support correctly and safely. Basically your customer's mails are quite safe and the system is designed for the typical user to use their mail in this form. Of course we do recommend that any mail installation always performs regular backups because mails can still be lost to hard drive failure, stolen passwords...etc. Our updates also are designed to maintain settings and mails between releases.
rob

Return to General