Recipient refused when enabling RBL Spam blocker

Recipient refused when enabling RBL Spam blocker

Postby fiver » Sun May 18, 2008 2:13 pm

I have been trying to get rid of spam by enabling the Spam blocker settings hower even when just using the wizard it would appear that legitimate e-mail is being refused and I get the following bounce:

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <#####@#######.com>
Reason: Recipient refused. Known spammer found, refer to http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip= ( my IP address)

Please reply to <Postmaster@ispmail.ntl.com> if you feel this message to be in error.

I have checked the IP address with spamhaus and the various domains but they are not listed there. If I turn of the Spam blocker then all mail gets through.
fiver

Re: Recipient refused when enabling RBL Spam blocker

Postby rob » Mon May 19, 2008 10:05 am

Occasionally it is possible that all the RBL's can trigger incorrectly, and this often due to a DNS lookup issue on the computer (basically RBL's evaulate true when a subdomain of the format reverseip.rblsdomain.com successfully converts to an IP). This generally effects all incoming mail. The solution is to ensure the DNS's used by the server are setup correctly or alternatively provide new DNS's for your internet connection. Of course you can simply disable the RBL feature and just use some of the other SPAM features. One of the most simpliest and rather effective filters is the grey listing filter. Also, if you have time to invest in training, the bayesian can offer you the most accurate and effective filters (over 99% of SPAM detected).
rob

Return to General