Send Email with file copy

Send Email with file copy

Postby sahklh » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:47 pm

Is there a way I can take a properly formatted TXT file and place it in outmail or another location for the server to send it?

And example would be to take a email from an inbox and change the email address in the TO section and save the file to a location for ability to send it?
Thanks for the help

Scott Hannagan
sahklh

Re: Send Email with file copy

Postby sillyme » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:03 pm

They normally do not monitor the forum over weekends but I am sure Rob or Chris will get to this Monday.

My thought is that if this is a recurring event a simple way would be to make an entery in the Filter area that would identify the event and then deliver the email to the user and also forward it to the new destination. This ability is not in the users filter just in the main AMS filter.

I am having a hard time thinking of a situation where I would want/need to forward an existing email from a command line or using copy. If it is an existing text file you want to send there may be some linux type command line utilities for windows that would work. I found some of them here:

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=command%20line%20email
sillyme

Re: Send Email with file copy

Postby rob » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:46 am

For existing mails that have already been delivered, this is similar to a pickup folder requirement. At present AMS does not support pickup folders (placing a text file in a folder for the mail server to pickup and deliver), but an idea could be to take advantage of POP3 Retrievals. Basically you could create a new user which is something obscure enough that it wouldn't generally receive any mail from the internet. Then create a POP3 Retrieval which connects to that user and uses mail header delivery without any restriciton on the addresses (ensure it can deliver externally as well as internally). Now all you need to do simply modify the mail and drop it into the new users inbox. The POP3 Retrieval will pickup the mail and forward it onto the addresses found in the mail headers.
rob

Return to General