Multiple Ip Address Bound to Multiple Domains

Multiple Ip Address Bound to Multiple Domains

Postby ttt » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:07 am

So I have set up two domains and I bind two different ip addresses in outgoing mail. I save the settings restart the service and I can send from both domains but the receiving server always connects to the same ip even though it should be between two different ones correct? Is there a bug with this feature? Has anyone else got it to work?
ttt

Re: Multiple Ip Address Bound to Multiple Domains

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:58 am

The Outgoing Mail Bind IPs are there to specify routes that are available to you for sending mail. However, in the current version there is no functionality for evenly load distributing between the IPs. As far as I can remeber the IPs will simply be tried in the order listed until one successfully sends the mail.

We are upgrading the outgoing mail system in Abiltiy Mail Server 3 due out hopefully later this year. The new outgoing mail system will include an outgoing mail queue viewer which you can use to view mails in the queue and also take action against them (e.g. retry, delete). There will also be a new queue priority system so that mails that have already had one failed delivery will wait longer to retry than new mails that haven't "had a go" yet. I will forward your suggestion for load balancing amongst outgoing bound IPs to the team for consideration for a future update.
Code Crafters

Return to General