Using Mailing Lists

Using Mailing Lists

Postby emagineering » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:12 pm

I am a bit stuck on how to make use of mailing lists. As a system admin, I would like to be able to send users of all domains an announcement email. I can’t figure out how to actually send to a list. Would a list be the best way to do this? If so, could you walk me through the steps needed to actually send to the list? Is there another feature available to the sys admin which would allow sending a “mass email” to users?

In advance, thanks!
emagineering

Re: Using Mailing Lists

Postby rob » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:10 am

A mailing list would indeed be the best way to deal with this. Basically create a new mailing list, and then modify the subject trigger phrase to something you can remember (its like a password to the mailing list). Then on the delivery tab, select the domain that this mailing list will deliver to. To then trigger the mailing list, you write a mail addressed to the mailing list but key to triggering it is to also include the subject trigger phrase (by default this is TRIGGER). This is a simple security method to prevent SPAM systems triggering the mailing list, and the trigger phrase will be stripped out so your end users don’t see it.
rob

Return to General