AMS ODBC Connection

AMS ODBC Connection

Postby amgcc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:35 am

1. Can I passed more user's details (fields) from AMS registration form to my Database to be used by other applications.
2. What it is the encryption techniques used to store password on the ODBC database, in order to be able to read it and check it from other applications (mainly PHP).

Thanks
amgcc

Re: AMS ODBC Connection

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:45 am

1) You can edit the WebMail template for the signups page to add extra fields. These will show as additional signup fields in the INI file system but can't remember for sure if they will show in the database automatically. Try it and see by just copy and pasting the rows of the table to add extra fields.
2) The encryption is currently our own custom encryption so it won't be externally readable unless you select not to use encryption in the General settings. We are planning to add other 2-way encryption methods in the future but most secure ones we looked at at the time were 1-way (e.g. MD5) and therefore not reversable.
Code Crafters

Postby amgcc » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:19 am

Thank you Chris,

When adding any new field it is coming as additional field in each account folder in the personal.ini file under othersignupfields with the main personal data(surname, givenname, organization, country, ...). But the main data that is posted to either user.ini or ODBC are fixed fields (domain, enabled, user, pass, ingroup, dir) and will not affected by our additions. I think we have to find the script that is writting these fields to users.ini or ODBC and update it. Is this possible? and Where Can I finf it? .. any suggestions, please ... Thanks!
amgcc

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:07 am

Additional signup fields will be put into the personal.ini file for each user and not included in the ODBC database if used. On the signup page you can simply add extra rows of signup fields by just copy and pasting an existing row (e.g. user).

You can add required fields to the WebMail admin settings to make them mandatory but you don't have to do anything other than editing the signup page to have additional fields stored (no extra scripting needed).
Code Crafters

Return to General