Problem with user reached daily transfer limit

Problem with user reached daily transfer limit

Postby bjkalley » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:19 am

Hi,

I'm using Ability Mail Server. I have a special sender user group which hasn't max mail restrictions. I send activation mails with this account. At first it works well, hours later server doesn't send mails with the error

The message was undeliverable. All servers failed to receive the message .execute() { Trying server mail:mail.akvaryum.com <- 220 akvaryum.com ESMTP (Code-Crafters Ability Mail Server 2.61) -> EHLO akvaryum <- 250-akvaryum.com 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 CRAM-SHA1 250 OK -> AUTH LOGIN Sending authentication data.. -> MAIL FROM: <- 250 Email address accepted. -> RCPT TO:bjk_alley@hotmail.com <- 530 Recipient refused. User reached daily transfer limit (max mails). -> DATA <- 503 Not yet received any valid 'RCPT TO' commands. Error: 503 Not yet received any valid 'RCPT TO' commands. .execute() { Trying server mail:mail.akvaryum.com <- 220 akvaryum.com ESMTP (Code-Crafters Ability Mail Server 2.61) -> EHLO akvaryum <- 250-akvaryum.com 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 CRAM-SHA1 250 OK -> AUTH LOGIN Sending authentication data.. -> MAIL FROM: <- 250 Email address accepted. -> RCPT TO:bjk_alley@hotmail.com <- 530 Recipient refused. User reached daily transfer limit (max mails). -> DATA <- 503 Not yet received any valid 'RCPT TO' commands. Error: 503 Not yet received any valid 'RCPT TO' commands. 1 of 1 servers failed }

Then I open ability mail server on my server, and click to switch to application, nothing else and system works again... I didn't set netiher max mails per ip at smtp settings nor max mail sent per day at groups... Assume that I have a max mail restriction but why it starts again when I click to switch to application...

Thanks for help...
bjkalley

Re: Problem with user reached daily transfer limit

Postby rob » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:03 am

The error message you are receiving can only be generated when the group mails per IP per day limits are exceeded. Now I know you said this isn't enabled but what you may not understand is that the group used during these transfers are the group associated with the login details of the transaction. For this reason I would ensure that all your groups have good limits set if required, and if you don't use limits, simply ensure that the max value is set very at the same time as the option disabled.
rob

Return to General