IMAP Error - Folder does not exist

IMAP Error - Folder does not exist

Postby rdwade34 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:38 pm

I have a few users using IMAP (all Outlook 2003). Everything has been working fine. Yesterday one user started getting this message when trying to move mail from the Inbox to another folder. This is from the log:

Failed: Service=[IMAP4], Action=[View Directory], Details=[Data Entry .08-08], Error=[The directory does not exist.]

I've checked everything I can think of. The folder is there, for sure, and this is happening on more than one folder. I've re-initialized the server, deleted/added the account in Outlook, what else can I do?

Thanks
rdwade34

Re: IMAP Error - Folder does not exist

Postby rob » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:24 am

Looking at the log entry I would guess this problem is due to a space before the dot and so to fix this, you may need to edit the accounts INI. Access the accounts physical directory and open the config.ini in a text editor. In there, there is a list of directories the account has created (each directory will appear twice), remove the space if you can see it (and from any more directories that have it). Then you should also check there is no space in the actual physical directories name. Although you shouldn't need to do anything more, you may need to recreate the account in Outlook. Of course I would be curious how this came about because the mail server should have filtered this out. I have made a note for this to be tested but if you know this already please let me know.
rob

Return to General