Filters Content for Groups ou Users

Filters Content for Groups ou Users

Postby marsenne » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:26 pm

How can I use filters content with independent user or group ou domain? Sample: I have bloked mail with lenght 500bk for any users and 1000kb for anothers users. Thats possible?
marsenne

Re: Filters Content for Groups ou Users

Postby rob » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:48 am

Normally the easiest option is to place users in certain groups and then set the mail size in the respective group to the required size. However, you can still indeed do this within content filtering. Simply create a rule which uses the conditions "Any SMTP Recipient Matches" and "Email Size" (with a AND condition). Of course your actions can be anything appropiate.
rob

Postby marsenne » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:08 am

I used the group block size and its ok. But, the block size do not work in mails send. Work very well in mails received. This is correty? If yes, how can I block this send mails with size 2000kb (sample)? Or not possible, how can I blocked with Filters Contents for groups or users?
marsenne

Postby rob » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:02 am

The group settings effect sent mails if the user authenticates with the server, otherwise the default mail sending size is used (a mail size restriction within the general settings which affects all mails). The content filters unfortunatly cannot have restrictions based on groups, but you can of course do a domain wide block by usign the content filter "SMTP Sender Matches", with a "String Contains" and text of "@targetdomain.com".
rob

Return to General