webmail folders disappear

webmail folders disappear

Postby sillyme » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:11 am

This has happened three times with different accounts so it may not be a fluke. Sometimes the folders I have created in web interface are not there. If i use the edit/new folder and create a folder with the same name it appears and all the mail I had copied into it is still there. The first time it happened I freaked because i thought I had lost a bunch of mail. I am waiting for it to happen again so I can look at the server folders before recreating the folder in the web interface. The default folders do not seem to be affected just ones I created with the web interface. I have not tried to logout and back to see if they reappear.

Thanks
sillyme

Re: webmail folders disappear

Postby rob » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:26 am

This can happen when the config.ini file is somehow broken in the user account directory, but is fortunately quite rare. In a future update we plan to add a feature that will re-build and automatically re-add any missing folders. However, in the meantime, it is probably worth performing a hard drive scan and surface scan to ensure there aren't any problems with the hard drive.
rob

Return to General