Transferring to new server with data on multiple RAID arrays

Transferring to new server with data on multiple RAID arrays

Postby Pugglewuggle » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:57 am

Hi guys, we just got a new mail server for AMS (the Exchange box already had its upgrade) and I need a little more info than is provided in the FAQ forum on how to switch over...

We're currently running AMS on a server with 2 RAID arrays, letter C: for the main Windows install and AMS install and letter D: for the data folders containing all domain/account/etc. data (the config folder).

The new server will have E: as the new main drive (for security reasons) and the new data drive will be F:.

Is there a way to gracefully switch over the data or is this going to be a headache? The good news is that we're using ODBC and can automatically update all user paths ourselves if it need be.

Thanks in advance! Can't wait for the FULL ODBC!
Pugglewuggle

Re: Transferring to new server with data on multiple RAID arrays

Postby Code Crafters » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:58 am

You can usually just copy the installation folder to the new server to move the installation. However, because you have the accounts on a separate drive and are changing the drive letters, you'll have to move the folders and then update all account paths within ODBC and any other files that reference them.
Code Crafters

Postby Pugglewuggle » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:25 am

I figured that would be the answer... can you please give me a list of the files that reference the drive letters so I can make a script to modify them?
Pugglewuggle

Postby Code Crafters » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:19 am

The following files should be updated:

config\mailserver.ini
config\accounts\users.ini
config\accounts\domains.ini
config\accounts\mailinglists.ini

You should also update any paths within your ODBC database and check all INI files within the config folder for any other paths used.
Code Crafters

Return to General