Stopping and Starting Service

Stopping and Starting Service

Postby m1byo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:48 pm

I have just upgraded the SSL certificates in the administration console of AMS, (this cant be done in webmail!) so I changed to the application and did everything needed, and when I selected for the application to switch to NT service, the application loaded and then the service failed to load.

each time I click start on the service it again fails with a timeout.

The only way I have been able to resolve this issue is with a full reboot of the server, at which point it works as a service immediately.

Is this a common bug, or again is it just me??

Thanks for all your help
Ian
m1byo

Re: Stopping and Starting Service

Postby rob » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:03 pm

This isn't something that as been reported before so hopefully there is a simple fix to this. I should note that if your running the software under vista that you must ensure that you start the application with Admin priveledges, otherwise the NT service cannot be restarted (and the settings may not be accessed correctly). Another point to mention that under XP, the NT service mode can directly accessed (without need to switch to application mode) via the icon in the tray. If your running XP and don't see any icon, then it may be disabled in your general settings.
rob

Re: Stopping and Starting Service

Postby waterman34 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:40 am

Yes I got the same problem running version 2.58 on XP PRO (a backup mail server) and had to re-boot to switch over to an NT service although updating the software to 2.60 solved the problem.

I didn't get the same problem though with version 2.58 under Windows 2003 server, so I think it might have been an issue with XP maybe? either way updating solved it.
waterman34

Return to General