Content Filter - Return Values

Content Filter - Return Values

Postby hecklertm » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Hi,

I am using an "application result" condition in one of my content filters, and I need to understand the syntax of the "return value" setting. What is the syntax that can be used in that field? Any wildcards? What does the support page mean by "matching the range"?

I have a batch file that runs the "findstr" command to check for the existence of a string inside of a text file. When findstr exits, it either returns nothing, or it returns the name of the file that the string was found in.

Let's say my file is named "wl.txt". I set the application result return value field to wl.txt, but it does not see that return value as true. Any ideas on how to set the return value field would be greatly appreciated.
hecklertm

Re: Content Filter - Return Values

Postby hecklertm » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:47 am

I figured it out. I was typing to the errorlevel on exit by doing an
Code: Select all
echo.%errorlevel%
at the end of the batch file. Since the echo was sucessful, it would keep setting the errorlevel back to 0 even when I had purposely set the errorlevel to 1 to distinguish between a sucessful or unsuccessful search. Once I quit echoing the errorlevel, it worked great.

I understand now that the return value is the integer returned from the application. When it is a successful batch file, the return value is 0.
hecklertm

Re: Content Filter - Return Values

Postby rob » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:41 am

No problem, I believe you also emailed us so please ignore my original email response.
rob

Return to General