Ability FTP/Mail

Ability FTP/Mail

Postby Jack » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:34 am

I am wondering if FTP/Mail servers can share user info with each other. For instance if I have a user wanting to sign up for the email can this also automatically sign up that same user on the FTP server if the two servers are running on the same machine or have access to the config info.
Jack

Re: Ability FTP/Mail

Postby rob » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:04 am

Sorry this unfortunatly isn't possible as both the FTP and mail servers operate in a completely seperate way. Of course it has crossed our minds to build in some connectivity between the two but presently this isn't actually something we have yet planned to implement. I can however note that we are close to having a beta of the new AFS soon and that will support INI style storage for easier external management of users.
rob

Postby Jack » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 am

I will be interested in that. Would you happen to have a list of new features hanging around somewhere? :mrgreen:
Jack

Postby rob » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:44 am

We don't have an official new feature list as of yet (we will publish this of course closer to the time of release). However, the main new features include true remote interface, detailed monitoring data/graphs, increased SSL security and much more.
rob

Postby Jack » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:22 am

I don't mean to be obnoxious but would I be better off to wait until the next release to purchase or would I save money now by buying and upgrading later.
Jack

Postby rob » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:10 am

Don't worry, thats a fair question. We will of course look after customers who have just purchased the software before the update its our website (likely with a free upgrade to equivelent value license). However, if you can wait then I would recommend it, otherwise simple purchase now and email me at rob@code-crafters.com (with a link to this thread) after version 2 is released with your AFS 1.xx license key and I will sort the upgrade.
rob

Postby Jack » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 pm

I am just wondering when the new version is coming out? Any news yet?

I think I read in a post somewhere that it would be out in a few weeks and that's been a while.

Thanks in advance, Jack
Jack

Postby rob » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:30 am

The Beta of the FTP Server has now been released and can be downloaded here...

http://www.code-crafters.com/abilityftp ... index.html
rob

Postby Jack » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks.

I'll be testing it soon. :D
Jack

Postby Jack » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:03 pm

I have downloaded and installed the BETA and am trying to determine if it supports MDTM. I know the older version says it does but I haven't tried it out. I have a particlular program I wish to use with this FTP server. The program I want to use has an option you can check the server and it says this is not supported by this server. Can you help me out with this. I can't find any info in the help file or anywhere else regarding this feature and the BETA version.

Thanks, Jack
Jack

Postby rob » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:00 am

At present documentation for 2010 is not available other than in the manual that comes with the software. However, it supports all the same FTP protocol features as version 1.xx and MDTM is indeed supported the same. Most clients test this by issuing a MDTM command, but this can only complete if your account/group has the correct permissions of course. I would recommend checking your configuration transfered correctly as there were a few changes in how you administrate the server and so the possibility of a quirk in your settings could identify a transfer problem or even a bug (it is still in Beta so we of course anticipate some bugs).
rob

Postby Jack » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:27 am

This is a fresh install and a new user with full permissions.

I will try a different program and see what happens.

If I have any further questions on this subject I will begin a new thread.
Jack

Return to General