Two questions

Two questions

Postby sfulwood » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Pardon me for asking these two simple questions.

Can AFS run on the same server that I am running AMS?

Licensing is confusing me. What is an "account"? If our Sales department wanted to put graphic files on the AFS and our Accounting department wanted to put charts and Excel files on the server, would that be two accounts?

Thank you in advance,

Scott
sfulwood

Re: Two questions

Postby Code Crafters » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:18 am

1) Yes, you can run both software on the same server. The only limitation with running any number of applications on the same server is that only one application can bind to each IP / port pair so you can't for example run 2 FTP servers on the same IP on the same port.

2) Accounts are used within the FTP server for logins which have access to whatever files you designate. For example, Sales could have access to a "D:\Sales" folder and Accounting to an "D:\Accounting" folder but cannot access each others folders via the 2 different account logins. For licenses though, licenses are per server. One license let's you run one FTP server but you can have unlimited accounts on that FTP server as long as you purchase the Professional Edition which all business and other profit making organisations must purchase to have a valid license and well as all features enabled.
Code Crafters

Return to General