Problem running ftp server as a service

Problem running ftp server as a service

Postby superkooi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Hello,

I have 2 problems with ability ftp server. First I need to run the ftp server as a service, but when i do this i get an error on the client side

StorResponse: 550 There was an error while accessing the resource.

The resource is on another computer (filoeserver). Ability ftp server is on de apps server. When i run ftp server not as a service it all works fine.

Rights in my network are correct. Even the administrator to run as a service won't fix my problem, but offcourse i don't want to do that

Second i can only use RemoteAdmin if i run ftp server as a service as an user with domain administrator rights

Can anyone help me please

Thanx in advance
superkooi

Re: Problem running ftp server as a service

Postby rob » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:22 pm

When the FTP server runs has a service, unfortunatly there is no direct admin interface and so you must use remote admin (or alternatively switch it into application mode, but this will reset any current network connections). As to your problem with accessing network resources. The reason for this is due to the FTP server not running under a user and running as a SYSTEM service. The solution is to basically get the service to login under a user name, and we have a FAQ answer which covers this (although this is refering to the mail server, the same applies to the FTP server...

http://www.code-crafters.com/abilitymailserver/faq.html#networkshares
rob

Return to General