See complete from and to email addresses in webmail

See complete from and to email addresses in webmail

Postby therentabrain » Thu May 18, 2023 11:37 am

Currently webmail shows the friendly display name but not the complete name and address. Inside the message you can point at the address and the title pops up with the info I am looking for. In the Folder view, you can't see the real address at all.

So if a mail is not legit, there's no way to tell until we've already opened the mail and potentially made ourselves vulnerable. Obviously it's still possible to spoof the correct name and email address of a known contact, but seeing the full From is still very useful.

It's also confusing: if a message comes from Angela <angela@abcdomain.com> it will show up as Angela. If I know two different angelas, I have to click to open the message to see which one it is from.

Please let me know if anything can be done about this. I'd love to see the "title" pop up format used in the Folder list. There is some empty column space so IMO there is plenty of room.

Thanks!
therentabrain

Re: See complete from and to email addresses in webmail

Postby Code Crafters » Fri May 19, 2023 8:35 am

We can certainly look at including the email address instead or as well as the friendly name. Note that the Sent folder will only show the To field and the rest will show the From. Are you asking for both From and To in fuller formats to be shown in all folders?
Code Crafters

Postby therentabrain » Tue May 23, 2023 3:44 am

The From for incoming mail and the To for outgoing mail would be great!

Thank you!
therentabrain

Postby Code Crafters » Tue May 23, 2023 8:54 am

No problem. That's what it already does so we just need to show the full email address. Make sure you set the sent folder in the user settings to make sure the sent folder shows To instead of From too.
Code Crafters

Postby Code Crafters » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:02 am

This issue has been fixed in the latest version 5.1.0.

We've added a full display name and email address in the folder view. In the email view, the shortened version is still used but as you say you can hover for full details.

Please see https://www.codecrafters.com/AbilityMai ... ateHistory for full details of this release.
Code Crafters

Postby therentabrain » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:16 pm

Thank you!!
therentabrain

Return to Suggestions