Outgoing Mail - Failure Messages

Outgoing Mail - Failure Messages

Postby m1byo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:34 pm

Hello,

I have got AMS configured to forward all of my emails to my Blackberry so I have the emails in both my inbox and my blackberry.

If there is ever a problem with the connection to the blackberry email server, then all of the emails forwarded then trigger a failure email to the sender.

Is there the possiblity (or a way already) to include the option of turning on/off failure messages to the sender for each static route rather than all of the outgoing mail system.

Thanks very much

Ian
m1byo

Re: Outgoing Mail - Failure Messages

Postby rob » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:57 am

Presently this isn't possible in Outgoing Mail, but you could achieve something similar in content filtering. Basically there is a new action called "Rename Sender" added in a recent update, this allows you to modify the sender of a mail. What you could do is detect mail sent to your address and then modify the mail so there is no sender, or at least one that not the original sender. This way, any failure messages then are generated after content filtering, all the way through to the blackberry, cannot be created (lack of a SMTP sender generally means failure notification and most mail systems will discard such messages if they cannot be delivered).
rob

Return to Suggestions